
Merry Christmas! We had a Christmas party at work complete with Secret Santa's. Well the word is out that I like fruit...this was my present it says: "Holly I know you like fruit so I got you the biggest one I could find...next to Danny...Merry Christmas" Danny is the Korea teacher who sits directly across from me and he is a character! He cracks me up on a daily basis...

This is my very best Korean friend Lucy! She is AMAZING! We are desk mates and I ask her a ton of questions and she asks me English grammar questions...me grammar...yes me....Surprisingly I almost always get them right and more often then not I can explain why the answer is what it is. She is great and life at
ECC is bearable because of her! I love her~

On Christmas day I spent the day with
Kasoon and her family. We went to church and then went over to some of their friend's house for dinner. It was amazing! The food was so good! We also watched a movie and then we went to the Nutcracker! It was so good...I love these girls the are so much fun and so cute! Their energy is contagious and I love seeing the world through the eyes of a child! There was a snow sculpture garden outside of the theater....they had so much fun! I love playing in the snow...I have posted more pictures on
facebook...

Here we are at the Nutcracker! What a great family! They are such a blessing to me!

So I made a new friend at the gym and she is a lot of fun. Her name is
Kaley. She lives right near me and she is the only foreign teacher at her school. She has some friends in the area and she invited me to spend the day with them. We went to
Gangnam and had burritos and then we went to see the movie Sherlock Holmes...it is really good by the way! Then we made our way to
Itaewon and went to
Namsan Tower or better known as Seoul Tower. Here we are on top of the
mountain. The view was amazing! Again more pictures are posted on
facebook.

This is after the movie before the tower...We went to
de Chocolate Coffee. Sadly, I don't have a picture of Sara and Dave...they were our day after Christmas buddies...They too are really nice people...
It was hard being away from home for Christmas but Skype, letters, packages, and amazing people on this side of the world made it a lot easier! I am so thankful for the blessing of 2009...There has been a lot of hard time for me this year and I am ready to put it all behind me but without the hard we would never really be able to fully notice and appreciate the good! Happy New Year Everyone! Best Wishes for 2010~
Holly
Just want you to know that it makes me happy to see you in that hat!
ReplyDelete