Sunday, March 7, 2010

Riverdance and Crepes

This weekend we had the opportunity to go to Riverdance. It was a lot of fun. Those are some seriously talented people! I was most impressed not by the dancing but by the musicians. The dancers were amazing don't get me wrong...but the musicians, they played for the whole show. The dancers were able to take breaks and have some time to recover. The musicians were on the whole time. The fiddle player was just crazy talented and so was the drummer. The show was really good. I was happy we went. We decided we needed to take a picture in front of the Riverdance poster...we are trying to be all Riverdancie but I don't think it works for us. We went with Dave, Sarah, and Jen.
Kaley and I also wanted to take a picture with Mr. SeJong...he is very important. He has a whole square dedicated to him and a lot of things are named after him...one example is the theater where we saw Riverdance.
On Sunday we went to church and then headed over to Yongsan to see Alice in Wonderland. We typically hate Yongsan because it is really big and really confusing and we NEVER find anything we are looking for...well we had four things on our list. Movie, headphones, KFC, and crepes. We were 100% successful! We started with the movie because we wanted to see what time the showing was and if we were going to be able to buy tickets. We got the last two in the theater! In Korea when you buy your ticket you have to also choose your seat. They have computer screens with the theater on them and you get to choose where you want to sit. At first I thought this was weird and I wasn't a fan. Now, I have gotten used to it and see the value in it. They are able to see exactly how many seats are left and when you get in there you don't need to waste a lot of time deciding where to sit...you just sit. After we bought our tickets we went to look for headphones, Kaley's headphones broke a couple of weeks ago and she was looking for some new ones. We found them right away! Score two for Kaley and Holly! Then we went to KFC...they have this new chicken called Herb and Garlic...I highly recommend it! It is delicious. After our chicken we decided to walk around a bit before we had a crepe. The video above is of my crepe...it was delicious. I would like to see more crepe stands coming to the States. After our crepes it was official we had, had a 100% successful trip to Yongsan. We couldn't believe it. We were feeling so confident we even tried to test ourselves. Kaley wanted to get an external hard drive for her computer...insert doom music here. Yongsan literally has four levels of electronics. These electronics are not big box stores like Best Buy, where everything is laid out and you can pretty much find what you need...it is like Kiosk after Kiosk of private little stores with a little bit of everything. I spotted a store that looked promising to me and we tried it. Low and Behold....they had what we were looking for! Kaley scored a sweet deal and our 100% successful trip just turned into 150% successful. We decided we better stop while we were ahead. We went to our movie and after the movie headed straight for home.
Another great weekend!
-Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment