This was about 20 minutes into our bike trip...our first stop at a beach. The beach was gorgeous and the water was like bath water...Kaley and I both did not pack swimsuits because we thought the water was going to be too cold...dumb....dumb....dumb...
This was our 'crew' for the weekend. We all got along really well...Kelly from Connecticut, Chris from London, Kaley from Kansas, and Holly from Minnesota/Iowa...I truly never really know where to tell people I am from. Identity crisis!!!!
These are just some of the STUNNING VIEWS! It was so pretty and it was so much fun to be on a bike and have the freedom to just go where we wanted when we wanted. It was great!

They had pretty nice bike paths all around the island because there are really no cars on the island only golf carts and a few hotel vans. I was shocked by the amount of concrete on the island...They just dumped it all around the rocks and made a biking path. They also seem to be doing construction everywhere on the island. Everywhere we went we saw projects being started, worked on, or completed. Life was busy for the island folk.
We were also able to witness a beautiful sunset. It was gorgeous. We were able to walk on the Moses Miracle (a part of the island that is exposed because of the tides and you are able to walk all the way across to another rocky island) We watched the sunset there...It was AMAZING!!! What a truly artistic God we have!
Kaley went on a hike the next morning and saw this...Kelly and I sat on the beach...not sure who won that one...I was pretty darn content sitting in the sun, lying on the sand, looking at the ocean...
After the hike we had the opportunity to do a little shellfish fishing....There were TONS of people doing this. Apparently the shellfish are really tasty...You find a spot in the sand with little air holes all over...you take a shovel and skim the top of the sand to expose more of the air hole...you take a bag of salt and sprinkle salt over the hole...you wait for the shellfish to pop out of the hole...and you grab it! Then you cook it and eat it...delicious. This is our Adventure Korea bus driver and leader...they are great!
When we had enough of fishing we had some time for one of my new favorite activities...climbing on rocks...There were a lot of rocks for us to clamor on and I had a really good time doing it! There were a lot of tide pools in these rocks and they had some fun sea life in them for me to look at and touch and observe...it was great. These rocks are covered by the tide when it is in...
This is a pretty good picture of the Moses Miracle...this is all covered by water when the tide is in. It really made me think about Moses parting the sea. I never really thought about what the path looked like...I bet it was muddy...I bet it was rocky...I wonder if there were any fish flapping around wondering "where the heck did the water just go?" What a truly miraculous thing...
Well I hope you enjoyed the pictures of the island as much as I enjoyed the island...
Things to come:
This weekend- FIFA world cup game Korea vs. Greece...We will be joining hundreds of thousands of Koreans in Seoul cheering for the Reds! I even have a cheap jersey! Should be a crazy amount of chaos and fun.
Next weekend- a possible baseball game weekend and then we are going Paragliding on Sunday if the wind cooperates...which I really hope it does because Paragliding looks awesome...
The next weekend- a DMZ tour and on Sunday we are doing a little white-water-rafting and bungee jumping...yeah...I will let you know how that one works out
That is all from this side of the world.
Take care.
xoxo
Hols
No comments:
Post a Comment