This is Pepero...I never got a clear answer on what exactly Pepero day is about but it happens every year on 11/11. I got the feeling it is similar to Valentines day...Students give teachers and their friends Pepero...which are pencil shaped cookies. Some Pepero is big some is little, some is filled with chocolate, others are dipped, some are dipped and rolled in almonds, some are dipped in dark chocolate. I recieved assorted varieties of Pepero. Not fully comprehending why children were giving me boxes of cookies but happily accepting them nonetheless...They are cookies after all! They are no monster cookies...but they sure are good! I like this holiday...Who doesn't like to receive cookies?
I haven't updated for quite a while. I did have some pretty grand adventures...but at one time I loaded like 15 pictures on my blog and lost it all for some reason. I got frustrated and just loaded them up to facebook instead so if you want to see pictures of the Korean Folk Village, two Palaces, and a Temple...look on facebook. If you are not on facebook...consider joining...or find someone who is and look at my pictures!
We had a break from school due to the swine flu and another strand of flu that has surfaced...So Cynthia and I made our way to the Korean Folk Village. We spent the whole day there and it was my favorite outing so far! There is so much to see, experience, and do. We got to play dress up, watch shows, and discover and learn about the history of Korea. It would be a great field trip for a class. It reminded me a lot of Living History Farms. We spent the whole day wandering, playing, and discovering. The colors were AMAZING!!!! Fall in Korea is gorgeous. We came back and went bowling with Carol and Vernon. We had a lot of fun.
On Friday Cynthia and I headed into Seoul and we went to two palaces and to the temple. We also spent some time wandering around Insadong-another one of my favorite spots. Cynthia had never been there so it was fun to be able to show her something! These palaces were no as busy as the first palace I went to and not nearly as big. I enjoyed walking around and really not seeing any people. The Japanese totally destroyed Korea and everything has had to be restored or rebuilt. One of the palaces we went to was actually turned into a zoo...a huge insult. It is no longer a zoo it is actually quite beautiful.
Saturday I stayed at home...and Carol and Vernon came over and we watched a movie. Sunday it was raining cats and dogs so I did not go to church because that involves a lot of walking outside, standing at the bus stop, and waiting for various trains...I would have been soaked, cold, and wet two hours away from home...Not a pleasant way to spend a Sunday.
Monday we went back to school and things have not slowed down since! I will try to be more regular with my posting!
Holly
No comments:
Post a Comment