However, this weekend it was lovely...simply perfect. I love spring! It is one of my most favorite times of the year. Every thing is fresh and clean and things are coming back to life after being dormant for the whole winter! Kaley and I had plans to go into Seoul on Saturday but was scratched them because the day was so perfect that we couldn't justify spending four hours on a train. So we went to E-mart did some grocery shopping and then took a walk along the most beautiful path on our way home. We took some pictures, climbed some trees, swam in some flowers, and just genuinely enjoyed the day.
The beautiful path
Kaley tree sitting...
Embracing my childlike enthusiasm.
Posing in the blossoms.
Just pretty...
When we got home we decided that since Carol and Vernon were getting married we needed to go to Bucheon and have some delicious curry. We usually go to Bucheon with Carol and Vernon for curry so we thought this would be a good way to honor them. It was wonderful! I have never in my life had such good curry! I love it so much. I told Kaley it was a good thing I don't live in Bucheon because I would eat curry about two times a week and that would not be great for the bank account.
Here I am...sad that Carol and Vernon aren't with us...but SO happy they are MARRIED!!!!!
On Sunday Kaley and I had a major success! We found a new church that is only about a 40 minute bus ride away from my apartment. AND the church has a shuttle bus that picks us up literally a block away from our apartment! We were pumped! The service was really good too! We are excited to go back and are very happy about the fact that we no longer have to make the long trek into Seoul EVERY Sunday for church! After church we met Dave and Sarah at the Science Museum. It was National Science Day earlier in the week and they still had a lot of festivities happening! It was a good time. I really liked the bug house. They had an exhibit where they had grub worms and horned beetles that you could touch and play with, this kid was all about the beetles. He was making them fight and climb. He was playing with them like they were plastic bugs instead of the real deal. It was highly amusing.
These fish were biting our fingers...Kaley and I still need to check out Dr. Fish...it is a place you can go and get a fish pedicure. The fish bite all the dead skin off your feet. Apparently it tickles...I have ticklish feet..but this is something that intrigues me so I want to try it.
On our way home from the Museum we decided to stop in Jung-gong about six stops from our stop for some supper. We were craving some Western food. We found a TGI Fridays! We were pumped. We also found an Outback steak house, and some other Western digs...We made mental notes because this is the same stop as church...so we figure we can go out for lunch after church to some of these places!
This weekend we plan to meet up with our friends Pete and Kelly and take in a Baseball game. Apparently baseball is high energy and a lot of fun here. Teams share the same stadium so the fans are pretty much split right down the middle and they have cheerleaders and really keep the excitement alive throughout the whole game. I am excited. We also plan to go to church and spend some more time outside.
The 8th I am going caving...not quite sure what this is going to be like but I know I get to explore some caves and take a ferry ride. It is through Adventure Korea. Kaley has a volleyball tournament that day so I am tagging along with Pete, Kelly, and some of their friends. The 21-23 Kaley and I are flying to Busan...yes we are flying...That seems crazy right that in a country the size of Indiana we are flying from the top to the bottom...would you ever do that in the States? But the truth of the matter is plane tickets were cheaper than train tickets and a whole lot faster...So we booked them and even booked accommodation...beach here we come! We are pretty excited for a three day weekend.
That is all I have planned for May as of now...it should go fast and then summer will be here which will bring some visitors! And then I will be headed home...hopefully to a new job...Keep sending those prayers up! I need them!
Holly
Looks like great fun. Remember, you'll try anything for a year. We will continue to pray for you. We are also getting your room ready for you when you get back ;)
ReplyDelete