School:
Mr. Lee tore his Achilles tendon last week and he had to have emergency surgery and he has been in the hospital for the last week. He came back today and he was using crutches...He told me that he will have to use a wheelchair for a few weeks until he gets a more mobile cast on his foot then he will have a walker or crutches again. The story on how he hurt his leg is not too clear...What I have gathered is that we was at the gym walking backwards on the treadmill and that was it.
Lucy: Lucy is my sanity. I literally LOVE LUCY....Insert cheesy theme music here. It took me a long time to break the ice with Lucy...but that ice is definitely broken! She is my desk mate...our desks literally touch each other...and she is always good for conversation. We pretty much talk the whole time we aren't teaching. She also always tries to feed me. She knows I like fruit so she always has a banana or apple for me. She is great!
ChurchWe had our second Sunday at Dongson Church and we both seem to really like it there. It is so much closer than going into Seoul. We even went out to dinner with some new friends. The two Korean Brothers we met last week invited us to go hiking with them sometime after church. Apparently, they go every Sunday after church. We are probably going to go with them next weekend. This weekend there is a combined service with the whole church...this is supposedly about 5,000 people. We will have to wear headsets so we can understand what is happening.
Doosan Bears Baseball
Last Saturday we were able to meet up with Pete and Kelly and catch a Doosan Bears Baseball game. I got some video about how crazy the game is that I will have to edit and post sometime...I didn't really take very many pictures because I was too busy people watching and talking to Kelly. I LOVE that girl! It was so good to catch up and I am really excited about going caving with them on Saturday.
Before the game Kaley was going to play volleyball at a park near the stadium. I opted not too because we all know how much I sweat...But I was going to go along and sit by the river and do some Soduku....Well long story short...Korea is doing major construction on the volleyball courts and neglected to tell us about it....She played no volleyball...but while we were looking for other Waeguks (foreigners) I did find the biggest Azalea bush known to man...I had to take a picture...sadly this picture does not do it justice...Can I just say at this point how much I love SPRING!!!! Spring in Korea is especially beautiful. There are so many flowering things!
The girls at the game...GO BEARS!!!!!
Children's Day
Yesterday, (Wednesday) was a National Holiday called Children's Day. We found ourselves with a day off in the middle of the week! We were pretty pumped about this and decided it was the perfect day to go and make the long haul to Olympic Park. It is literally on the other side of Seoul from us and I really wanted to see it. Kaley had already been there but being the great friend that she is...appeased my request. The weather was not the best but it did not rain so we were happy. When we got to the park we saw about 150 people flying kites! It was amazing. You don't really see a lot of people fly kites anymore! It was great! Since it was a holiday that had some of the buildings open for people to use the restrooms...so we were able to sneak in a few of the stadiums....This is Kaley sitting in the dark gymnasium where they did things like fencing...obviously we were not supposed to be here..hence the blackness.
The park is filled with sculptures, fountains, paths, places to buy chintzy toys, food stands, bicycle rentals, and adorable children. I loved being out and about on Children's day because the kids were extra special cute! I may have taken some stalker photos of some of them...May be...
This is at Peace Park by all the flags...I really don't love this picture...but it was the only flag on with people in it so I posted it anyway...We were sitting on a wall by the flags...a wall that was obviously roped off to prevent people from sitting on it...but we were all about breaking the rules...we sat there for about 30 minutes until we were kicked off.
As you can see the sky had no blue to it but I like this picture anyway. This is the main gate...The flame is under that big building and Peace Park is in the distance.
Random
I totally ripped this picture off of one of my new church friends because instead of going to the tulips we went to see Ironman 2...But doesn't this look like it could be in the Netherlands or Pella or Orange City or something! Crazy! They even have windmills! I LOVE TULIPS...They are on my list of favorite flowers.
Things to Come
1. This weekend in caving...I am hoping to take Kaley's camera because as you can see mine is starting to take really low quality pictures...I am not a fan.
2. A Possible hiking adventure with Paul and John the Korean Brothers from church.
3. A TRIP TO BUSAN!!!! aka the BEACH
4. A biking trip
Still looking for a job...thinking a lot about the rest of this year and what the future holds....Trying everyday to be trusting and patient. Some days I am really good...others not so much...
Happy Mothers Day Mom!
If you were here I would totally pick you a bouquet of flowers...I did find a bouquet of Lilies someone left on the train. I took them home...ONE bonus of being the LAST stop! I love you and you are an amazing woman and I can't wait for your visit!
Holly
No comments:
Post a Comment