It is weeks like this when I just want to have a tape recorder...in my pocket where ever I go. Unfortunately, I am not one of those people who remembers a lot of stories...but this week I have had two doosers that stick out in my mind and continue to bring a chuckle to my lips.
The biggest reason these two stick out is because the kids that made these errors are so adamant that they are right and they sound utterly ridiculous! I was going over vocabulary with my P6 class (this is my favorite class because it is 6 naughty little boys- high energy, lots of affection, and double doses of mischief around every corner...I think the English phrases they are most likely to learn are: "Get off the table, Throw that away, Don't hit your friend, and Ewww gross that is disgusting!") Well we have been talking about activities you can do things like go visit your grandparents, go to a national park, go camping, go on a cruise, and go to the beach. Well, we were playing a game where I would hold up a picture and they would have to make a sentence. One little boy said: "There is a lot of sand on the bitches." My first reaction was to actually do a double take and look at the card to see if it had the word bitches on it...and then what did I do? Well, I am the most professional girl around so of course I giggled and then said "That is a good sentence but I think you mean beach! I was promptly told..."No teacha bitch!" No...I am pretty sure you mean beach...and I quickly moved on to the next student.
Today, I was with my C1B class these kids are about 12 years old. Some of them are really bright and others just don't seem to try very hard. They have to give presentations every six weeks, which seems silly because it is obvious that no one has shown them how to give a presentation. I sat through some very amusing ones today. The one I remember the most was about Girl's Generation ( a very famous singing group here). He was talking about all the girls individually and listed one interesting fact about each of them. Please keep in mind that English is not their first language so they tend to use phrases like she is...when it should be something like she likes. He wrote "She is many toilet articles." I kid you not I had to stop his presentation and ask him what that meant. It took about 5 minutes and the whole classes help to figure out that he meant to write "She likes a lot of different make-up." Hysterical! They just make me laugh! I promise that I will eventually take some pictures of work and then school and I will be more diligent in remembering funny stories! I have to work tomorrow (Saturday) for an hour and then we have a three day week because it is Korean Thanksgiving and we have a school break. Now I must go to bed...I am becoming a bit of a night owl...strange...I know...
Holly
No comments:
Post a Comment