
This is Ok gu mountain. At the foot of the mountain there is a park and there are a lot of activities in the park. There is a skating park, a sculpture garden, a bird sanctuary with chickens in it, a stage, a bike path,a soccer pitch, some tennis courts, some Korean football courts, a rock garden (where you walk across rocks barefoot), some basketball courts, a park, and a lot more activities. The park is a hopping place on the weekends. I climbed the mountain on Sunday and this is what I saw at the top:

This view is looking out toward my new apartments...Can you see that big greenish looking 'building'? That is a golf driving range...It has mesh netting and the golfers are on various stories I think there are like four levels...this is something I want to do at least once while I am here!

This is looking at the city of Si-hueng..everyone lives in apartments I haven't seen a house since I have been here. I think this is the direction of Seoul....but I could be totally wrong...

This is the yellow sea. Where we are it is kind of like a mud patty and not beachy...you can't even go down to the water because there is a fence...kind of like a sea wall. Very disappointing.
I will leave you with one more view of the mountain. Can you see the little pagoda at the top? it ison the left hand side...it kind of blends in with the trees in this picture...but it is a perfect spot to sit! The park is definitely my favorite place is Si-hueng this far!
Holly - these pictures are really cool! Can't believe all the apartments. How many students do you have in each of your classes? I forwarded the link to your blog to my parents as my Dad served in Korea in the Army and I thought that he would like to see the pictures. Take Care! Diane
ReplyDelete