Monday, January 25, 2010

Living for the Weekend...

Do you ever feel like you are living for the weekends? I hate that feeling...I want to enjoy my days and not will them away. However, I am officially tired of January. January is intensive at ECC. This means that the children are on school break for a month and instead of actually having a break they come to the hogwans (school that teach a specific thing...like English) for the month. I have been coming to school at 9 am every morning and then leaving at 8 pm. Those are long days. I have large breaks throughout the day but the breaks aren't big enough to do anything significant like go work out or go home. So I am here all day. After work I go to the gym, after the gym I go home and go to bed. I wake up and I start all over again. I don't like this because I am wishing my days away. I am waiting for the weekends. I am starting to loose motivation and the ability to come up with a creative way to keep the kids who spend upwards of 6 hours here engaged for one more day. This is the last week and I am happy about that.

This weekend was great! Kaley and I got a lot of errands done...we even got our hair cut. This was quite the experience. We walked in and the place was EMPTY...We tried to explain what we wanted and just kept saying SHORT SHORT SHORT as in SMALL SMALL SMALL don't cut off very much!!!! They did good. English was not spoken by anyone so that was interesting and our Korean doesn't encompass hair cutting terms...but the end result was good. The strangest part of the whole experience for me was that there was a woman who stood next to my stylist the whole time and just starred. She was like an assistant to the stylist...but the stylist didn't need her. She just stood by the cart and watched. I was a little unnerved. Every once in a while she would catch my eye in the mirror and I would smile nervously and then quickly look away....It was just awkward...
Kaley and I went shopping and Kaley found this scarf...I got one as a birthday present for a very special little girl in my life who is turning 2 in February...but hers is a giraffe because I know she LOVES them. I thought Kaley looked cute so I had to take her picture. We also spend about 80 cents on the rubber fish above. They are the most handy little invention. You wrap your extra headphone cord around them. I really like mine...I call him Wilbur the walleye...he is my new friend. I don't really leave home with out him.
This is a pretty good representation of what Korea looks like at night. This isn't even a big city it is just a small town. There are lights everywhere...I have to remember to take a picture of the area right by my apartment...it looks like Vegas.

This weekend we are going on a fortress hike. I will be sure to take some pictures and tell you all about it. I am excited for the weekend and for another new adventure. We are also going skiing in February...that should be fun! More pictures and posts to come. Keep checking up on me!

Miss you all!
Holly

1 comment:

  1. Wilbur the walleye eh?! What a fantastic namer of names you are! I can't wait to hear the names of your children. Tegan says thanks for naming him too...

    ReplyDelete