Monday, February 22, 2010

Found my 'something to do'....

Well...believe it or not we found some things to keep us busy this weekend...the pictures loaded in the wrong order so I will start with Sunday...I like to mix it up a bit anyway. Curry. That is a sentence in itself. I love curry. I love it. It is so good. On Sunday Kaley and I decided we wanted to do one last Bucheon Curry with Carol and Vernon. They leave on Saturday...this makes me so sad. I get along really well with Carol and Vernon and they have been my little lifesavers. They have shown me the ropes, they have been great friends. I WILL visit them in South Africa someday! Well, we decided to be extra adventurous and take the bus to Bucheon. We got on the 737 and twenty seven minutes later we pulled up to the Bucheon station. Perfect... This is my curry. I especially love the Chicken Korma at this restaurant...and the garlic nan of course. YUM!
Carol and Vernon enjoying their last taste (at least for a while) of Bucheon curry. Vernon is holding his straw in his coke because it tends to pop out on its own! Just look at that beautiful nan...I love the decor of this restaurant. I didn't get a good picture...of the decor but you can get a good idea from the pictures.
Kaley shows off her glorious nan and Korma...yum...anyones mouth watering yet? Mom and Dad we will have to take a little trip to Bucheon. You NEED to taste this first hand!
In order for the top picture to make sense you have to look at the bottom picture first. This is a clothing store. After all the place is made my Jesus...c'mon doesn't that just make you want to shop there...ummm....
I guess I should explain where I found this lovely signage...On Saturday, Kaley and I headed out the door bright and early. Kaley knows some people who have finished their contract and were selling all sorts of goodies....Korean Garage Sale. We took a two hour train ride for a 5,000won kettle, a myriad of free shampoo, soap, toothpaste, and body wash, luggage, a basket ball, and a football. We didn't quite think that through very clearly because we ended up carrying all that stuff with us for the rest of the day. We did get smart after about two hours and found a locker at the mall we were at. Since we were in Sarah and Dave's neck of the woods we met up with Sarah at Coex mall. This mall is pretty good sized and, like all Korean malls I have been in, makes no sense. It is extremely confusing. Insert creative technology here. Korea loves technology...it is everywhere...if they can make a gadget they will and I think it is fun to tinker around with. Here Sarah is showing you how to navigate the malls map.
*disclaimer- the sign does not actually tell you how to walk but it does show you where to walk...and Kaley is not crazy...she is really quite sane and my favorite person in Korea....*
After we did some light shopping...some of us more successful than others we decided to catch a movie. We saw "Valentines Day" It is a really cute movie...a total chick flick. It was fun to watch this movie in a theater of Koreans. Needless to say my laugh was heard in utter times of silence simply because the Korean viewers didn't get the joke or reference. I was glad Kaley and Sara were there because I have a pretty boisterous laugh. It might have been slightly out of control at some points. Oh well...
This weekend is hiking. I am sure the sights are going to be amazing and my photography skills will not even begin to be able to capture the vastness of God's creation...but I will give it my best shot. We are praying for good weather and strong joints...My knee has been acting up lately...it needs to get me through this hike because I am pretty jazzed for it. More to come. This post like all the others has quickly got out of hand. Enjoy!
-Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment