Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Skiing

We had a great weekend skiing. We left early on Saturday morning so we could meet our group at the express bus terminal. We went with Adventure Korea...this is an organization that plans trips and excursions catered to foreigners. There were about 80 people on this particular ski trip. We got on the bus and made it out of Seoul before traffic became a real issue. We stopped at a rest area on the way and then went to our rental place. We were able to rent clothing...hence the bright green jacket, goggles, and ski stuff for a reasonable price. Then we got to Phoenix Park and hit the slopes. We skied from 12 to 4:30 on Saturday and 8-4 on Sunday. It was a lot of fun.
We met some people from Minnesota, they are actually Bethel grads and Kelly lived in Sioux Center for a while. The connections were amazing! We actually know some of the same people. Sometimes I am surprised at how small the world is. We spent a lot of time with them. This is Kaley and Kelly at the top of a run...this was one of my favorite runs.


We stayed in a youth hostel and there were 8 people in a room. Here are 5 of our people. Kaley is taking the picture. I am in the front in the bright green, Kelly from Minneapolis is next to me, Pete her husband is next to her, Jenny from Seattle, and Bobby from Maryland. We all got along well and had a good time skiing.

Yes...I said we were skiing not at the farm...but these chickens were just wandering around the middle of the ski resort. So strange....for a second I thought I was back in Nigeria. The weather on Saturday was snowy...the sun tried to sneak through at various times during the day but the snow never really gave up! It was beautiful! I liked this shot. This run was really nice at the beginning and got a little steep at the middle and then evened out again at the end. It was a nice long run down the back and of the mountain.

This is at the very top in the snow. It was so peaceful and pretty and the trees were just covered with snow. The only annoying thing was the music they were blaring from a speaker....Otherwise it was gorgeous! We had a lot of fun playing around at the top of the mountain.

Kaley and I under a snow covered tree. Two peas in a pod. I am so thankful for Kaley and her friendship. We have A LOT of fun together!
This is at the top of the mountain. Korea is a very beautiful country. The mountains on this day were particularly terrific because of the softly falling snow.
This is us...injury free after our second day of skiing. Pete, Kelly, Holly, and Kaley. We had a lot of fun and all really enjoyed our time skiing. I am hoping to post a video soon and there are more pictures and videos on facebook. Our hiking adventure got pushed to next weekend because of all the snow...so we have to come up with something else to do this weekend....I will keep you posted!
-Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment