Thursday, October 15, 2009

Market Day...

Today was Market day in Shiwa...I love market day. The street right outside our school building becomes bustling hub of smells (so I have heard), colors, sights, and wares. There is so much food, fish, and fresh veggies! There are also a lot of clothes and knock off handbags and such. It is a crazy mixture of deep fried fair type food, to coach purses, to live crabs and octopus, to the sock man (a man who literally sells socks...hundreds and hundreds of socks!) He is my new favorite vendor!

Market day happens every fifth day, I am usually very excited and ready for it to roll around. Today, Sam and I went to the market in between class and of course I bought fresh fruit and vegetables...I managed to stay away from the fried yummy goodness :) and then the sock man caught my eye...I grabbed Sam and told her we had to check out the slippers I spotted. These are the second coolest slippers I have ever owned~Manda and Whit you know which ones are the coolest~ You must also know how hard I am on slippers...I have been known to get holes in them mighty fast...which makes the sock guy my new best friend...he is selling these slippers for a mere 3,000 won...which is like $2.50! I only bought one pair today but I see a return visit in my future!


I love my new slippers! They have really fuzzy warm insides!!!
Sam got a pair too! She went with purple while I went with brown...
One of my new favorite past times is watching "The Big Bang Theory" on-line...that show is hysterical! I am addicted and I got Cynthia and Sam addicted too! Here Sam is curling her braids for a wedding on Saturday while watching the "Big Bang Theory."

1 comment:

  1. The market sounds awesome! Every 5th day?? Not like "the second Tuesday" of the month? LOL The pictures that you have posted previously are AWESOME - loved the digital flower show. People with allergies could even go! :) Diane Nelson

    ReplyDelete