
Take a walk to school with me. Every morning I leave my apartment and make my way to school. This is the building where I live. We live on the ninth floor. I have an amazing view out my bedroom window. I look right out to
Okgu park! I also get to see some pretty amazing sun sets!

This is the path I take to school. I am very lucky to have such a nice short cut. Otherwise, I would have to walk around a lot of apartment buildings in order to get to the main road. This will be very nice when the weather gets cold and my walk to school is not as enjoyable.

This is the last path in my apartment complex. It leads right out to the road my school is on. There are some pretty flowerbeds in this area...I am excited to see what Spring will bring. I only have to walk about three and a half blocks to school. I live very close! It is nice.

This is the corner of my apartment building and the road school is on. The buildings here are COVERED with signs. ALL of them light up at night. I often feel like I am in
Las Vegas! PC means PC room...a place where you can go an use the
Internet. The store on the bottom is a
restaurant. They have big fish tanks outside of their door.

Here is one of their tanks...These fish tanks are EVERYWHERE in Korea....Sometimes I want to reach my hand in and try to touch a fish...but mostly I just walk by! :) These fish are those really ugly flat ones...no idea what they are called in English or Korean!

This is what All of the sidewalks look like in Korea. Recently, I was able to see them lay these bricks. It is very labor intensive and it seems like mostly older men and women have these jobs.

I pass a lot of
restaurants on my way to school. These are big
radish type vegetables. I don't particularly care for them mostly because they soak them in this vinegar concoction that I really don't care for. Which is unfortunate because that is how a lot of the vegetables are served. There are not too many fresh vegetables...everything is soaked in some brine or spiciness....

I also pass the octopus place everyday. You may think this is an aquarium of sorts...well it isn't. It is another one of those tanks outside a local eatery...yes people eat octopus and it isn't very safe...apparently people die from eating it because the suction cups get stuck in the
esophagus...No
octopi for this girl!

This is the building where my school is, we are on the third floor. The people in the picture are shopping at our corner market. This is a little shop where we can get some assorted groceries on our way home...It is very handy. I like it because they have a cash register that tells me how much I owe so I don't have to get confused by Korean numbers. I don't know if you can see it but there is a pizza place on the first floor...It is that red part. The pizza at this place is good...you can get sweet potato, and all sorts of interesting toppings on your pizza...complete with
mayonnaise of course! The windows of our school are all covered with that green paper so you can not see out or see in...sometimes I think it is a blessing other times I feel like a caged animal. Well I hope you enjoyed your walk with me! Check back soon...I am hoping to do some sightseeing this weekend!
Holly
I loved the walk, Holly! Thanks for posting. YOu'll love to have this journal for yourself someday too. I would be so intimidated by being in a place with a different language everywhere, I have only done that while also being with interpreters every minute so never on my own. That in itself would be a lot of work in a day! At school though, you speak English the whole day, and work with all other Eng. teachers too right? Are your kids all fairly fluent or do you have to play charades with the younger ones to get the point across? By the way, SUPER cute photos of you and the kids, below. Love you & thanks for the tour! Hope you have a great week!!!!! ~Laura
ReplyDelete